We thoroughly pre screen each candidate to ensure we are providing the best qualified bilingual personnel, preventing turnover. Our screening process is as follows:Work with us
This is a preliminary activity of the selection process, we currently use the following strategies to recruit:
- Job Search Websites
- Word of Mouth
We have agreements with universities and language institutions, in which their students can apply for internships within Lean Staffing Solutions and once the finish it, they can stay working with us.
The main goal of the strategies is to have an applicant pool and select the best candidates.
All potential Candidates must apply through our Website. And must complete all required information, which includes:
- Full Name and Address
- Colombian ID number
- Phone Number
- Education (minimum High School graduate or Equivalent)
- Multiple Open Ended Questions to help us determine the Candidate's English Grammar Skills
- EPT (English Proficiency Test)
Verification of Personal Information:
- Criminal Background Check (National Police and Attorney General’s Office)
- Personal References (Friends and Family)
- Education (High School and College, if attended)
- Work Experience (Current and/or last 5 employers)
Test Verbal English Skills to determine what level of English each candidate has according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
The CEFR scale is as Follows:
|C1||Effective Operational Proficiency or Advanced|
|C2||Mastery or Proficiency and Management|
**CouncilofEurope (2011). Common European Framework of Reference for : Learning, Teaching, Assessment. Council of Europe
All candidates must test at a minimum B2 level:
- Can understand the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical discussions in his/her field of specialization.
- Can interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible without strain for either party.
- Can produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects and explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options.
Besides the English skills, the candidates during the interview will be requested to take an Mathematical and Writing Email test.
Human Resources Interview
The Human Resources director will interview the candidates to share the information regarding contract, salaries, schedule and general conditions.
Also ask questions about the candidate personality, commitment and career plan will be asked.
Courses & Exams
Introduction to Logistics and Transportation Management Course
This only an introductory virtual course into logistics, it takes about 8 hours to be completed.
Logistics and transportation management Course
This is also online, the course includes the following:
- Modes of Transportation
- Warehousing and Distribution
- Logistics Management
- International Trade
- Supply Chain Management
Once the Candidate completes the 2 week program he or she is ready to begin our In-house training program.
(Physical - Psychological)
These exams are provided by an external vendor at no cost to the Candidate.
The candidates will begin our in house training, during the first 2 weeks the trainees will receive training on logistics concepts and vocabulary, such as road, air and rail transportation, freight rates and the different tools and procedures to quote rates. All the positions will also be explained.
During the remaining training period, for a total of 12 weeks, trainees will apply the knowledge acquired during the previous training period in real life situations. This means the trainees will be placed in a certain position and once he/she has acquired experience in that particular position, he/she will then be moved to another. This way Trainees will pass through the all available positions.
This program is a paid training which includes a wide range of topics including but not limited to:
- Introduction into TMS systems (specifically MercuryGate and others)
- Policies and procedures
- American Culture
- Business English
- And Operations
LSS’s training program last up to 3 months before the candidate even starts with a client. This is to ensure that the employee is 100% trained and has a complete understanding of his/her role in your organization.